So you want to take a gap year/career break. What next?
There is a lot to consider and a lot of research is needed.
Keep in mind that:
- If you are inexperienced of travelling, it’s best to start off with an organised activity with others of your age and then with increased confidence take more control of your career break.
- Try to link your career break to areas of interest i.e. hobbies or career
- A round the world ticket is a sound basis for planning.
- Don’t forget to think about what you do can in the UK, as well as abroad.
Some of the key issues in your investigation will include:
- What would you really like to do?
- Which countries would you like to include?
- For how long and when do you want to be away from home?
- Do you want to be on your own, with someone else, or in a group?
- Will you arrange it yourself (DIY), go through an organization or a combination of both?
- Safety Issues. What should you be doing to prepare yourself?
11th Jun 2013
Gap Year Fair, Repton
21st Jun 2013
Gap Year Fair, Oundle
22nd Jun 2013
Gap Year Fair, Eton