Be associated with gapadvice.org
Gap year companies may wish to keep in close contact with gapadvice.org because many people turn to it for impartial advice and information in the complex gap year world. It provides a unique, independent information and advisory service across the gap year industry, for:
- Individuals - pointing them in the right direction, by giving one-to-one advice on their gap year
- Careers advisers - one source of independent gap year advice
- Schools/colleges - impartial talks around the country, supported by returned 'gappers' (gap year alumni)
- Gap year companies - promoting them through talks, exhibitions, exposure on the website, in articles written or researched for the media
- The media - article written or drafted, research undertaken, contacts given, stories and photographs obtained
Quotes about gapadvice.org include:
- The BBC recommends: 'An extremely useful and reliable resource: Gap Advice offers crucial insight for any prospective gapper. The site also affords a nifty gap year budget calculator.'
- The Independent - 'good news for gappers looking for a reliable, independent information source'
- The Sunday Telegraph - 'for information, research and advice'
- The Observer - 'excellent'
- BBC Radio 4 - 'the one that stands out'.
- Time Out magazine - 'an indispensable independent website'.
- The Guardian - 'pick of the best'.
- The Times - number 1 on the list of gap year contacts.
- The Daily Telegraph - the only website mentioned for 'advice on taking a gap year'.
- The Observer - featured as one of the panel of experts.
Visible to thousands of visitors when running gap year clinics or giving talks at a number of exhibitions, advising individuals on appropriate choices, including:
- The One Life Live Show - Olympia, London
- The Great Escape Expo - Dublin
- GO Wales - Cardiff International Arena
- Skills London - ExCel exhibition centre, London
- Society Guardian Live - Earls Court, London
- The National Work Placement Exhibition - Olympia, London
- UCAS London Convention, Olympia
- Futurwise Fairs, at 20 schools around the country each year & many other schools
Advantages of being on gapadvice.org's Placement Search
gapadvice.org is number 1 on Google for a search for 'gap year advice/information/suggestions'. But just as important:
- There is brand association with gapadvice.org, through its reputation and influential partners
- You have access to free, impartial advice, within limits!
- You may be offered the chance to attend school talks
- Your case studies can appear on gapadvice.org
- You will be mentioned in media articles drafted by gapadvice.org, if appropriate